25 Jan 8 Expert Lash Hacks for Flawless Eyelashes Every Time
Here at Foxy Face, we love learning about the latest trends and tricks when it comes to beauty. Check out these 8 interesting tips for gorgeous eyelashes that we came across online, below!
- Bend Your Mascara Wand Brush
Carefully bend the brush end of your mascara wand so that it is at a 90 degree angle. Applying your mascara with the brush at this angle will give you more control and enable you to get to those hard-to-reach baby lashes that hide in the outer and inner corners of your eyes.
- Use Regular Mascara AND Waterproof Mascara to Lock in Your Curl / Colour
It’s safe to say that trying to decide whether or not to use waterproof mascara is an ongoing beauty dilemma. You want the long wearing effect, but you don’t want all the effort that goes along with trying to remove it. Well, enter Tip # 2. Apply your first coat with normal mascara and follow up with waterproof mascara to lock in the curl and avoid smearing. Since the regular mascara will be on your lashes, you’ll reap the benefits of easy removal as well as long, smudge-proof wear from the waterproof mascara on top.
- Apply Mascara to BOTH Sides of Your Eyelashes
If you want ultra thick lashes, or you have blonde or thin lashes, then apply mascara to both sides of your eyelashes. You can ensure that both sides are fully inked by looking down while applying your mascara on the top, and looking up to apply it on the bottom (re: the typical application method).
- Use a Spoon for Applying Mascara to Your Bottom Lashes
We all know how frustrating it is to be finishing off your flawless makeup application, only to botch it by getting mascara all over your under eye area. Applying mascara to your lower lashes can be tricky but not if you use a spoon! Yes, it sounds silly but, trust us, it works.
With the curved side facing out, place the spoon under your eye and apply your mascara as you normally would to your lower lashes. No need to fret about make a mistake – if you do, your mascara will end up on the spoon and not your skin.
- The Plump is in the (Baby) Powder
After applying your first coat of mascara, dust some baby or translucent powder onto your lashes using a makeup brush. Add another coat of mascara and watch your lashes bulk before your very eyes!
- Put that Extra (Unused) Tooth Brush to Good Use
That extra toothbrush that has been sitting in your medicine cabinet unused finally has a purpose! De-clump your lashes with your new, clean toothbrush by combing it through your eyelashes, from root to tip. Any clumps or excess mascara will be removed by the brush and you’ll be left with smooth, lustrous lashes!
- Rotate the Angle of Your Lash Curler for Extra Lift
For ultra-curled lashes follow these steps:
- With your curler, clamp the base of your lashes and hold for a few seconds.
- Release the curler and clamp lashes half way between the root and tip, with your curler tilted up, at a 45 degree angle. Hold for several seconds.
- Release the curler and move to the tip of your lashes. Clamp and hold your curler at about a 90 degree angle for several seconds.
- Release and reveal your gorgeously curled eyelashes!
- A Hand Mirror and Table are all You Need for Applying Perfect Falsies
Most people find applying fake eyelashes to be a pain in the you-know-what. But, it doesn’t have to be that way! All you need to make false eyelash application a breeze is a hand mirror and a table. Simply place the hand mirror on the table and lean over it. Place your elbows on the table, to keep your arms and hands steady, and look down into the mirror for the perfect application angle.
For those of you whose lashes are a little sparse, or for those that want “wake up and ready to go”, every day gorgeous lashes, Foxy Face offers the # 1 solution – Eyelash Extensions. Whether you are looking for something natural or a more dramatic look, we’ve got you covered.
Contact us for more information, or to book your appointment today!
Lash Tips Courtesy of Cosmopolitan: 26 Mind-Blowing Hacks to Get Flawless Eyelashes Everytime